With mother's day approaching, we thought it might be nice to think about your MOB/MOG. Your wedding day is a huge day for them too - not only are they hosting one the biggest events of their lives, but also watching their little girl become a wife! Giving their daughter away AND gaining a son ...a very emotional job to have, I'm sure.
With that said, here are some sweet and simple ideas that you could use to show your favorite lady how much she means to you on your wedding day:
- Display framed pictures from your parents and/or grandparents’ wedding on your cake/gift/guestbook table.
- Walk down the isle to the same song that your mother walked down the isle to, or use the first dance song your parents danced to as your first or last dance song.
- Use material from your mother’s wedding veil or wedding dress to wrap your bouquet.
- Ask if you could wear a piece of your mother’s jewelry that is significant to her as your wedding jewelry.
- Ask your photographer if they could try to replicate a picture of you to one of your favorite photographs from your parent’s wedding album.
Perhaps this mother’s day you could take some time to think of how you could show your mom some appreciation on your wedding day, in a way that is special to you both.